This Oracle PL/SQL Tutorial course teaches you how to use basics of PL/SQL programming language. PL/SQL is the procedural extension of SQL language.
1. Introduction to PL/SQL
- What is PL/SQL – introduction to PL/SQL programming language and its basic SQL commands.
- PL/SQL Blocks – shows you how to create and use PL/SQL anonymous blocks.
- PL/SQL Variables – shows you the types of variables and how to declare variables.
- Oracle PL/SQL Data Types – in this section are presented the main types of data used like number, varchar2, date, blob.
- PL/SQL Functions – a list with built-in SQL functions in Oracle Database.
2. Conditional and Loop Statements
- PL/SQL If-Then-Else Statement – learn how to use conditional statements.
- PL/SQL For Loop – example with the basic FOR LOOP statement.
- PL/SQL While Loop – syntax and example of the WHILE-LOOP statement.
- PL/SQL Case – shows you how to use the CASE statement.
- PL/SQL Cursors – uses implicit and explicit cursors.
4. Exception Handling
- PL/SQL Exception Handling – learn how to set the exception to catch errors.
5. Collections and Records
- PL/SQL Collections and Records – learn how use compound data types like array, record or table.
6. Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages
- PL/SQL Stored Procedures – shows you how to create a stored procedure.
- PL/SQL Function – create function to return a value from the database.
- PL/SQL Packages – learn how to create the package specification and the package body.
7. PL/SQL Triggers
- PL/SQL Triggers – syntax and example of trigger for database.
8. PL/SQL Tutorial
- PL/SQL Tutorial – learn more about PL/SQL language.